Saturday, November 6, 2010

Help your mind and body!-Stress Relief


Stress is very common in many lives today, especially in mine.  Even though stress is passed down through the family genes, being in college it self is stressful! College is a new level in my life that I want to accomplish to be the second family member to graduate. Other than that, for my self I want to be in college to be successful with all aspects of knowledge and my future job. However, college isn’t a walk in the park for me and I think some other students would agree with that statement.  It is a lot of pressure.

With being overwhelmed with schoolwork and your social life, it is very hard not to have a stress overload. For myself, I have a couple of tricks that will help me not to be so overwhelmed with work and my life. One stress reliever that works is working out or to get some sort of exercise. When you get the heart pumping, it will help your mind to relax and stop running with all the things you have to get down. By giving your body a good work out. You are killing two birds with one stone, helping your mind and body. Just going for a walk to have some time to relax the mind is very important.  Another stress reliever is to have some calendar that will help you with managing your time. I keep a calendar with all my assignments and due dates. I also keep my personal social activities on the same calendar so I know when to get my work done ahead of time so I have that “me” time. Leaving your work to the last minute just makes yourself too stressed. So why not make a calendar? Balance of work and your social time is very important for you personally so you are not stressed all the time. Here are some other alternatives that I have also used.

Those couple of tactics helps me relieve stress and be on the ball so I will not have a stress overload. It is not healthy to be stressed all the time, so try to prevent it by helping yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment