Thursday, September 9, 2010

Obstacles:“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -Frank A. Clark

"In fact, I had to make an enormous adjustment to this, not only in listening to it but in playing with it. It's a full sound. In some instances, you must have the volume to get the effect. "
-Chico Hamilton
Since the two weeks staying at Southern, the biggest obstacle that I have come across is adjusting. What is adjustment? Adjustment is the act to adapt to a new environment or surrounding that you are not use to or comfortable with. When you hit college, adjustment goes along in the package. I really do not like change. I liked how the flow of my life was in my small town of Portland. Portland was my comfort zone. Now that I am out of it, it has been a real struggle with me. I was use to seeing so many familiar faces that I knew for 18 years of my life. Going from a class of 87 kids now to over thousands of people, really doesn't sit all too well with me.
What can I learn from this experience?
From my freshmen college experience I can learn a lot on what kind of person I really am. For me, this experience has changed me as a person in so many ways. I noticed how I grew up pretty fast. I have been making smart decisions and managing my time well. Another way is I never liked to leave my house for weeks on end and now that I am in college, I am gone for months on end. It is so much different than living home.I am an adult now with so much responsibly. I don't have my parents in my hear telling me how to manage my time. I am very thankful that so far I have self control over my free time. Even with the basics of eating right and exercising, it very important that the right decisions are made. College is a big growing period going to a teen living home to now an adult with many responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment