Thursday, September 16, 2010

Puzzle Piece

   This week I attended the club fair with some of my other classmates to try to find a fit to my puzzle of my life. My goal was to find something to get me in with the Southern community. Since college is such a big stepping stone of my life, I really want to put myself out there and become part of something new in my life. I just really want to find the perfect piece to fit my puzzle.
   When I went to the club fair I was trying to keep a very open mind to all the different possibilities that could work for me. I was very interested in all the intramural sports where I could play basketball and stay active and be on the healthier side. However, I really thought about it and realized that my whole life in high school revolved around basketball. Don't get me wrong, I love basketball but since I am starting a new chapter of my life, I think I should try something different that I have never experienced before. Then it hit me, I should join a sorority. When I came to Southern to tour the campus, I already had my mind on joining one of the sororities but I just didn't understand how it quite worked. It was very helpful to walk around and ask questions about all the sororities and to see what they represented and see which one that I could best represent. The sorority that I personality think that fits me was Omega Zeta Pi.
    Why should I join a sorority? I think that joining a sorority will let me have an opportunity to get to meet so many different people from all over and become very close. I will admit that I am really having trouble putting myself out there and meeting new people. I have tried several times and I met a couple girls but, I want a sisterhood. I really want to have a family home away from home and I think this would be a great opportunity to help me grow as a person in many ways too. When I read the brochure about Omega Zeta Pi and talked to a lot of the sorority sisters, they said that you become very close with your sisters and do many things with the girls. An example is they are big volunteers with Make a Wish Foundation. I also am a big supporter of this foundation because my mom had breast cancer. It is very touching how they get involve with all different foundations. I am a very loyal, trustworthy person and I really like to help people in any way I can, so I think this sorority will be a perfect piece to my puzzle.
http://www.southernct.edu/officeofstudentlife/clubsandorganizations/greeklife/

No comments:

Post a Comment