Saturday, September 4, 2010

Setting the Tone





                                           
   What is college? "College is an institution of higher learning, esp. one providing a general or liberal arts education rather than technical or professional training.(noun)." {Dictionary.com} As a freshmen at Southern Connecticut State University, it is a huge step for me to go from knowing every single person in my high school to now just being an ID number. I was in a small bubble of a town in Portland. Every family knew every family and every child knew every child. It was nice for the most part but, I knew i needed to step out of the bubble and become more independent. " In a way, I need a Change from this burnout scene, Another time, Another town, Another everything." OAR
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_NfBqD_2iI&feature=related
Southern University will be a good change for me to get out of my burn out scene.  I know that college is a big adjustment than what I am use to, however it will give me a chance to become to grow into my own person and become independent. Socially at Southern, there are many opportunities for me to meet many different kinds of people. With all the clubs and organizations that I can join. Southern could get me interested in many different opportunities that could change my future forever. In many of these clubs and organizations I can meet so many new friends that have the same interests as I do.
 http://www.southernct.edu/officeofstudentlife/organizationlist/
http://www.southernctowls.com/
Southern Connecticut State University has many opportunities for me academically too. I am taking different classes than I took in high school to expand my knowledge. My goals for my grades as a freshmen is to be on the Deans list. I know that is raising the bar, but I know if I try my best I can do it. My high school grades were very well so i know that I could do just as well or even better.

scsu_oct06-034smaller.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment