Friday, October 1, 2010

Cracking Out of My Shell.

    For my Midterm Digital Storytelling Project, I have to step outside my shell and do things that I have never experienced doing before. My main concern is how am I going to make my project work on the IMovie? I am not good at all with working with computers and especially, making a movie. I have already tried to make a title page and put it together to try and get the hang of it and it is not that bad, just very time consuming! I also have to interview people I don’t know! I have never interviewed anyone before! Well the positive outlook of this project is it will get me ready for other projects down the road in my college days.
    
   My inquiry project is based around technology. Technology is such a necessity for Americans these days. With all the new devices like all the new I Phones to the latest I Pod, everyone has some type of technological device to be connected to the world.  Do parents focusing excessively on their technology devices affect children?  That is my inquiry question for my project. I have outline many ways on how to make my project work. I have to interview specific people that have some knowledge on children. I have to interview people that have worked in day cares and are studying on children’s development. I have also had to do research behind my question. On one of our readings that we had to read, “The Risks of Parenting While Plugged In”, had some very interesting facts that I could incorporate in my project. One fact that was explained in the article was how children’s feeling become hurt because their parent would be on their devices instead of paying attention to them during the times needed. You know when it is excessive when the parent is on the device during meals, pick up or drop off their children, or a sporting event. I have a lot of information to make my project have a clear beginning, middle, and end and I think I am off to a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment