Saturday, October 23, 2010

A whole new ballpark.


Overall, I think that I have been really successful with all my midterms grades for my first year of college! I was very nervous for all of my midterms but I realized that I really was prepared for them. 

I really cracked down on studying. I am not the best studier and in high school I just studied the night before and I got a good grade. For college, you are in a whole new ballpark. College I really have to prepare myself for the work. It is very time consuming and overwhelming at times, but I get it done. In high school, you were spoon fed information and it was really easy to do nothing and still get good grades. In college I have turned over a new leaf and have been working really hard with my work.
For my first college midterms I made many study guides and flash cards to help me study all the information I needed to know. Instead of cramming, I studied many days in advance for my exams. In terms of my grades, I am exactly where I believe I should be. I am working really hard and really trying with all my classes.  What has been working for me personally is having a calendar taped to my desk with all notes on it when test are and when homework is due (ect). I try to get all my work done ahead of time so I have time for myself on weekends and so I am not overwhelmed with work.

Some goals I set for my self is to make deans list. I set a really high standard for myself but I believe if I really put my mind to it, I can achieve that goal. But, I know realistically, I will be proud of what I get this year because with all the transitions that a freshman undergoes is a lot. So I believe that I really did well academically with all my academics for my first semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment