Saturday, October 9, 2010

What makes a good blog post?


What is blogging? Blogging is where many different people from all around the world connects with a website and talk about anything really. In my case for my inquiry class, we have to write two blog posts every week about a specific topic that our teacher assigned to us. Here are some helpful guidelines that I keep in mind to write my blog posts successfully.
1.When you write a blog post, it should have some sort of connection to you. It will be more interesting for the reader to get engaged if the post is connected to you in some way.
2.Make sure your blog post also has a clear beginning, middle, and end. It is very important for your readers to have some sort of organization so when reading it will be clearer and they have a better understanding. Make it your own. It doesn’t have to be always a certain way everytime so switch how you organize your blog. Also, your reader will be more intrigued with your reading.
3.Another tip that will be helpful for your blog is make sure in some way to catch the readers attention. With a catchy title to a big picture can really draw in a reader’s attention to your blog. With a picture that goes along with your post will set the tone and will make your post flow. Make sure you put the picture in the right spot so it will make sense on what you are talking about in your blog. I know that works on me.  
4. In every blog, your voice should be very distinctive. This is your blog, so make it your own. I know in class when we were reading our classmates blogs, they were very different from each other because their personalities were reflected in their posts. It made it more interesting for my classmates and I to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment