Saturday, October 9, 2010

The rest is still is unwritten...


As a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University, right now I am currently undecided on my major. But, I am interested in a couple of different majors that might be my job in the future.
One major that I have always considered since I was young is becoming a children’s nurse that works in the cancer field. I was inspired at a very young age. My mom unfortunately had cancer and I just was around it all through my childhood. I was a little nurse when I was younger always helping with my mom and I loved it. I love helping people and making them smile in any way I can and I think I can accomplish that if I go in the nursing field. With children on the other hand, I have always loved to babysit and be around kids. They make me laugh and I think I do a good job with the entertaining part. So I could kill a bird with two stones and help children cancer patients.
Another major that interested me is to become a vet. I always love any type of animal and to work with all different types of animals would be very interesting to me. I have always had many different unconditional bonds with animals that I have personally helped. An example was during the summer I was taking my dog for a walk and I saw a baby bird on the side of the road that looked very injured. I ran back to my house and called a vet that specializes in birds and they gave me tips on what to do to help the bird. I nursed the bird back to health and it was a very successful feeling.
I know nursing and to become a vet is two different fields of work, but they both will have a good feeling at the end of the day. I just want to go into a major that will make me feel that I am doing a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment