Friday, October 15, 2010

Two Thumbs Up Lee =)


In my inquiry class, we finally got to experience a peer mentor like all the other classes! Our peer mentor is Lee and she is a great asset to our class. What is a role of a peer mentor? Well my thought or definition of a peer mentor is someone that is there to guide you along the way of our class. Also, I think of a peer mentor as a role model that you can look up to.
In our class I think that Lee brings a lot of good additional information into our time. On Thursdays, we have “Lee Time” which is 15 minutes just with our peer mentor. In our class her role is to help us to ease in to the transition of college. But, I think she has done more than that by influencing all of us in different ways.
 For me, when she opened up to us and told her who she was and what to expect her as a person. I really valued that. I realized that we have common traits as a person and have been through a lot as a person.
 Lee has brought a positive attitude to our class. She is always smiling and brings a lot of good information to our dissuasions.During “Lee Time”, she has us do various activities that reflect us as a person. I like how on this last Thursday we did an activity that we had to write down five times “I am” and finish the sentence. It was tough for me because it is hard to define me as a person because I feel like I am changing as a person in a good way everyday. The college transition has reflected me as a person in many ways. Therefore, by doing her exercises every Thursdays, it all ties in to who we are as a person and has been making our Inquiry class very productive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment