Friday, October 15, 2010

Under the New Jersey Sun!


I love when we are assigned the free writes because I can write about what ever I want that is on my mind or that really, just about myself. For this blog, I am going to write about my favorite childhood memory when my whole family from all over comes together to go to Ocean City New Jersey for the week!

I can remember back when my toes touched the smooth beige sand, the warm breeze ran its fingers through my long brunette hair. I looked up and saw the mighty white seagulls soaring through the hot still air and a rainbow of kites swaying with the direction of the wind. I see the dark ocean blue roaring its mighty roar as it crashes down on its’ cool, wet surface floor. Lifeguards whistles, children’s laughter, the waves crash, and the seagulls call is all I can hear as I make my way through the crowded beach of Ocean City New Jersey. With my pink and blue polka-dot swimsuit on and my Disney towel, I was all set to hit the beach with my whole family!

         If it weren’t for my grandma, Memom, we would never go on our famous family vacation that brings us from all over the state into one relaxing spot for the week! How the tradition started was my Memom brought her children down to New Jersey for the first week of August. Ever since those experiences all her children bring their children down and keep the tradition alive! The night before we all go to Ocean City, I stay with my aunt, uncle, my four cousins, and Memom at their house. We all would have a big sleepover and make a tent out of my cousin’s sheets of soccer balls and all crowded in for the night. At three in the morning, we all wake up and hit the road! By about seven we see the big blue “Welcome to Ocean City” sign as we cross the long bridge overlooking Ocean City New Jersey! We meet our whole entire family from all over at the Ocean Beach hotel! All twenty-six of us rent bikes or surreys, and ride the three-mile boardwalk to the end where there are homemade donuts to start off the vacation right!

     Ocean City New Jersey is such a fun place to go to for a summer vacation. I had so many memories that will stay with me over my lifetime. You never know something so small could influence my life in such big way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment